Prints of my artworks and poems are available through my Redbubble Webshop.

Saturday 26 May 2018

Fiction

Hi, and welcome to my little library. This is the list of my stories that are available online at the moment.

The Minnie Series

The Minnie Series are very important to me. They're a way for me to process a lot of the traumatic things I come across in my day job as a medical imaging technician.

When The Tables Are Turned
Motherhood

The Rainbow Stories

The Rainbow Stories are something a bit different. Through these pieces, I try to give a voice to abused, neglected or abandoned animals. So far, I've written about dogs, but who knows what the future brings, right?


Dry Spell

Dry Spell is a kind of speculative, romantic comedy short story. It's sort of hard to explain. But the protagonist, Peter Muxton, is a favourite of mine. I'm still not sure he'll never return with more adventures.

Moira's Dawn

This short story was written after an image prompt. The photo in question is of a sun setting behind a line of trees, creating a lovely reflection in a little river in the foreground. I still don't know how a story as sad as Moira's ended up coming out of such a peaceful image, but I love it all the same. Since writing it, Moira's Dawn has been rewritten in a Dutch version as well but that's not available online, as I've entered it in a competition.

Hurts To Be Forgotten

This was my first trip into Sci-Fi, and I had a lot of fun writing it. Since it's first appearance on Steemit, the piece has been revised thoroughly and entered into the annual Writers of the Future competition (eeek) but I still eagerly await the results.

The Land Down the Well

This story is my interpretation of the German fairy tale Frau Holle, written in a very strict third person limited POV. It was done as an assignment in the Writers' Workout exercises we run over at The Writers' Block, and posted in six chapters. I wrote it as a haibun, which is a Japanese form combining prose and haiku. More information on that is available in one the companion posts I wrote for each episode of the story.


Legacy

This story was written for another Writers' Workout exercise, this time focusing on character arc. It currently has four incarnations: The 10 word microflash linked above, a 35 word micro flash piece that has been submitted for publication in an online magazine, and a 1300 word short story that is still in progress and will be submitted for another magazine. It's also been rewritten in Dutch, and that"s been entered in the Lowlands Literary competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment